Ram, Olson, Cereghino & Kopczynski LLP (“ROCK”) is a law firm that is dedicated to protecting people's rights. The firm’s attorneys specialize in class actions for victims of consumer fraud and unfair employment practices, construction defect claims for homeowners associations and property owners, and cases involving important First Amendment rights. We also provide general counsel to community associations throughout California.
The firm's skilled litigation attorneys have built a top track record in state and federal courts, and our hard work and dedication have resulted in settlements and trial verdicts in excess of two billion dollars to victims of unfair and illegal practices and to community associations with property damage arising from construction defects. We have also been instrumental in helping to secure important First Amendment rights for our news-media clients. In short, favorable results are what we seek for our clients, and excellence is our approach.
- Consumer Class Actions
- First Amendment / Media Law
- Trademarks / Copyright
- GM Speedometers
- Victory for U-Haul Plaintiffs
- Defective Ford Manifold
- Providian Vacation Pay
- Chevron Retirement Benefits
- GM Manifold Gaskets (Small Engines)
- American Cyanamid
- Cemwood Shakes, San Joaquin County Superior Court
- Hardieshake, King County Superior Court (Washington State)
- Masonite Hardboard, Mobile County Superior Court (Alabama)
- Health Net
- Honda Misfires
- Miles Fireplaces
- Nissan Brakes
- Nissan Power Valve Screws
- Sutter Health
- Three Crown
- Monier Roof Tiles (on Appeal)
Cases Under Investigation
- Chrysler Class Action
- Intuit’s Time Tracker or Time & Billing Manager Complaints
- Monier Roof Tiles (Nationally)
Congratulations to Jeff Cereghino who has been voted by his peers, for the eighth year, as a Super Lawyer. Only the top 5% of lawyers in Northern California receive this award" to learn more about this award, and the nomination process, please visit the Super Lawyer website . Michael Ram and Karl Olson have also been winners of the Superlawyer award many years in a row.
APPEALS COURT TOSSES FINE AGAINST VALLEY MIRROR
A California appeals court on July 18 tossed a $56,595 award of attorney fees and costs against Valley Mirror publisher Tim Crews which would have been a death sentence to the newspaper Read More...
Olson Wins Freedom Of Information Award
The California Newspaper Publishers Association ("CNPA") honored partner Karl Olson with its prestigious Freedom of Information Award at its annual convention in San Jose on May 5, 2012, "in recognition and appreciation of your dedication and outstanding work to protect and enhance the First Amendment, freedom of information and a free press." Read More...
Firm Wins Public Records Battle
Ram, Olson, Cereghino & Kopczynski ("ROCK") has won a Public Records Act battle for its clients the California Medical Association, California Hospital Association and California Pharmacists Association against the California Department of Health Care Services ("DHCS"). Read More...
Construction Defects : Partner Jeff Cereghino recently settled an 18 unit San Francisco condominium project for almost $1,450,000, resulting in a settlement of $80,000 per unit.
If you used or use Google Voice and were charged regular phone carrier rates for overseas calls, please lets us know about your experience by completing the questionnaire.
- Can Smartphones Conceal Officials' Dumb Comments? Public officials who say something stupid or corrupt often don't use their work computer. The device du jour for sending incriminating or ....
- California Regents Coddle Billionaires Income inequality is one of the biggest issues in the country. The University of California Regents recently joined that issue squarely on the side ....
- Bloggers Protected Like Other Journalists What's the difference between a blogger and an old-fashioned ink-stained newspaper reporter? Not much, according to a January 17 court ruling from ....
- Court Strikes Down Law Banning Lies About Medals The Supreme Court's ruling upholding President Obama's Affordable Card Act wasn't the only split decision it handed down on June 28. The Court also ....
- Final Shot Fired in California Pension Transparency Battle? A Los Angeles judge has issued what may be the last ruling in a years-long battle for pension transparency in California. Superior Court Judge James ....