- Snatching away a defense win from Morrison & Foerster, the Third District Court of Appeal will give homeowners another chance to squeeze millions in damages out of a manufacturer of faulty roof tiles. Monier Inc. and its legal team led by MoFo partner William Stern scored a complete defense win in 2013, when a Placer County judge threw out a $7 million jury verdict….On Wednesday, an appellate panel ruled that retired Superior Court Judge Roger Picquet, sitting by assignment, had erred in tossing the entire case.
- Mike Ram selected as a 2015 Top Rated lawyer in Construction Law by The Recorder
- ROCK attorney Matt Malone helps secure landmark ruling in Beacon Residential Community Association v. Skidmore Owings & Merrill, LLP, et al., the California Supreme Court case establishing an architect’s duty of care to residential purchasers and their homeowners associations. ECHO Journal article; San Francisco Chronicle article.
- ROCK Law wins class certification motion and obtains a settlement with compensation for owners of Nissan cars with delta sensor brake defect. See here for how to make a claim.
- ROCK Law defeats summary judgment motion on behalf of Ponzi scheme victims in Pritikin v. Comerica.
- Karl Olson wins PRA case directing California parole officials to disclose records regarding their deficient supervision of two parolees accused of multiple rapes and murders.
- ROCK Law recovers $4.5 million to repair defective eleven-story, 39-unit condominium building on Bryant Street in San Francisco.
- ROCK Law recovers $1 million to repair defective 37-unit condominium building on Rausch Street in San Francisco.